Best Advice Yet In The Oilfield
What is the Best Advice Yet In The Oilfield?
So that’s a great question. Over the years we have been told many different things.
These things have kept us safe, made us think twice & helped make us into the hands we are today.
With this question in mind we thought we’d ask you all, the hands on what you thought were the top things you have heard over the years.
When we originally posted this the comments were fast & furious with some that where really good. Some made us laugh & others made us cringe! Typical rig hands of course.
Here is the link to see for yourself, some good ones on our Facebook Page. CLICK HERE TO SEE THEM
When I first started working the drilling rigs some of the things I heard those ol’ boys say.
I would take a second to comprehend what they even said & either laugh or feel like one of the biggest worms ever.
But I always remembered those words of wisdom & honestly I think it helped keep me safe.
So what we have done is scanned through a bunch of them & brought them here for you. Let us know which ones you like or don’t care for.
Without further ado lets get into these nuggets of knowledge:
- The pay is the same if your fighting or marching!!
- If you’re not giving an honest 100%, Someone else out there is. And when the day comes that you meet, he’ll be better than you. Get out there and give er!
- All you got in your professional life is your reputation hard to build easy to lose!!
- Always have an escape route. Don’t look up when somebody yells, “heads” And, don’t go looking for where the rotten egg smell is coming from.
- If you got time to lean. You got time to clean.
- Knowledge is power learn as much as you can
- Don’t put your hands where you wouldn’t put your d…
- Your day rate is what your worth, Make your day worth more
- Take care of the hands and they’ll take care of you
- Respect your tools, they pay your mortgage
- Best advice my Dad ever gave me, Get out there and make a hand.
- Slow is smooth…smooth is fast
- Go to work find the hardest working hand there is and out work them everyday
- Keep your head low when that chain hand is chunkin, you dont have to break your back, just do your best, and if that iron is movin dont get in its way, bones give, steel doesnt.
- K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid
- Don’t take anything for granted if those hands tell you they have done something don’t believe it until you’ve seen it
- If you are getting an ass chewing…it is for a reason. Shut up…listen and learn. It is not a debate nor is it a time for “ya ya ya I know” It may be advice that could save your life!!
- My teacher told me 23 years ago: “find something that you enjoy doing,that way you will never have to work “ then I found the oil field and thank god I haven’t worked in lost 11 years
- The more you teach someone the more they can help you.
- Don’t stop when you’re tired, stop when you’re done!
- It’s better to lose a second of life, rather than lose life in a second. Stop and think.
- Walk fast and look worried
- If you’re gonna do something, do it proper the first time, otherwise you’re gonna end up doing it twice…
So these were just a few of the good ones we seen. Any in here make the cut or do you have better?
There is the comment box below, let us know which ones we missed or ones you think deserve to be the best of the best.
Also make sure you check out one of our latest posts about NIGHT MOVES.
This article brought up a lot of opinions! It’s HERE check it out.